On Saturday, 8/31/2019, at 1:27 AM Central Berks Regional PD officers were dispatched to Cro-Arms, LLC, 959 Memorial Highway, Oley Township (a firearms dealer) for a burglar alarm activation. Responding officers arrived and determined that a burglary had occurred at the business after finding forced entry to the building. Officers entered the building and found that the actors were no longer on location but numerous display cases that contained firearms had been smashed and ransacked. After a lengthy investigation conducted over the past few days by Detective Ronald Linderman of the Central Berks Regional PD with the assistance of the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF - Reading Field Office), it was determined that a total of forty-five (45) firearms had been stolen from the business and the following individuals have been identified as being involved in the burglary:
- A 15 year-old male juvenile
- A 16 year-old male juvenile
- A 17 year-old male juvenile
- An unknown age male juvenile
These four juveniles were identified as the individuals who committed the actual burglary. The 15 and 16 year-old juveniles have been charged with Burglary and related offenses. The 17 year-old and unknown age juveniles are still at large and have not been charged yet. The juveniles names are being withheld due to their age.
- Johnathan Rodriguez, 20, of Cumru Township has been charged with Conspiracy to Burglary and related offenses after the investigation revealed he was the driver for the aforementioned juveniles.
- Nathan Diaz, 18, of Muhlenberg Township has been charged with Receiving Stolen Property and related weapons offenses after the investigation revealed he was in possession of one of the stolen firearms.
At this point, at least ten (10) of the stolen firearms have been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing as Detective Linderman and the ATF continue to work to recover additional firearms and to identify anyone else who may have been involved in this incident. Additional information will be released as appropriate. Any media inquiries should be directed to Detective Sergeant Deron Manndel of the Central Berks Regional PD at 610-779-1100 EXT. 235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.