About

The Fleetwood Police Department was formed on January 4, 1930 to provide patrol services to the Borough.  The Fleetwood Police Department was a pioneer in providing shared regional police services in the Commonwealth in 1957 when it began to provide contracted policing services to the residents of Richmond Township which surrounds the borough. The department continued its demonstrated success in the area of cooperative policing by contracting to provide part time police services to both Topton Borough and Ruscombmanor Township.