CATALYTIC CONVERTER THEFTS
The Robeson Township Police Department has seen an increase in catalytic converter thefts throughout our community and across the state. These thefts occur during all hours of the day and a variety of locations. Suspects not only target dark and desolate locations, but also target shopping centers during business hours. Catalytic convertors are being targeted due to the increased value of rhodium, which is a byproduct of platinum and palladium. With the correct tools, the suspect can remove the catalytic convertor within minutes and the vehicle owner is left with a repair bill that can cost around $2,000.
Protect yourself and your vehicle by following these safety tips:
• Park in well-lit areas when possible.
• Park close to building entrances when in public parking lots or shopping centers.
• If you have a garage, park your car inside and lock the garage door.
• Contact the police if you see anyone or anything suspicious in your neighborhood.
• As always, be alert and aware of your surroundings.