Children under 18 years of age are not permitted on Borough streets after 9:30 p.m., and before 6:00 a.m., unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 18 years of age or older.


No Parking Signs for moving are available for $1.00/each. The sign(s) must be posted twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the period in which vehicles will not be permitted to park in the space(s) selected to ensure that we can enforce the "No Parking" violation(s). A form can be printed out by following the "FORMS" menu at the top of this webpage and clicking on the "Temporary Permit Parking Application" PDF file. 

If, after the sign is posted properly and was posted within the above mentioned time period, there is a vehicle parked there, just call us at 610-373-0111 and we will issue a ticket to that vehicle and assist in getting that vehicle moved.


Parking tickets may be paid 5 ways:

1). Directly in person: At the West Reading Police Department located at 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading, PA, 19611

2). Via telephone: (610) 373-0111. The following credit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express

3). Online: **Only if your parking ticket starts with the digits "PV". You can then go to the following website and pay online:

4). By regular mail: West Reading Police Department, 500 Chestnut Street, West Reading, PA, 19611

5). After regular business hours: By utilizing the lock-box located in the Borough Hall parking lot

Tickets should be paid within a 72 hour time period, after that, all tickets that are not paid are then sent to the District Justice Office and additional costs will be added to the fine.


Some of the Borough streets have required permit parking because of the large amount of vehicles using the Reading Hospital Campus. Permit parking is to enable residents who live in these areas to have a place to park during the business hours of 8:00AM to 6:00PM around the Hospital. 

PARKING PERMITS ARE FREE TO RESIDENTS, and may be obtained at the Police Department by bringing in your Vehicle Registration or pink slip (for new cars) and proof of residency. A form can be printed out by following the "FORMS" menu at the top of this webpage and clicking on the "Permit Parking Application" PDF file. 


Are you going on vacation? If so, we ask that you contact the Police Department and file a vacation report to notify us that you will be going away. (610-373-0111).

This information will be of assistance whether you will gone for an overnight trip or for a month.  It will also be helpful to you if your vehicle is going to be parked on the street while you are gone in case your street is posted for maintenance work or in the event of an emergency. A form can be printed out and brought to us by following the "FORMS" menu at the top of this webpage and clicking on the "Vacation Notice Report" PDF file.


Borough Crew Members post the streets for street cleaning, snow removal, as well as for other maintenance reasons.  Signs are posted on posts, trees and stakes the day before the scheduled maintenance work.  Vehicles must be removed during the specific times, or tickets will be issued.  Signs will be removed when the work is complete.