Some of the Borough streets have required permit parking because of the large amount of vehicles using the Reading Hospital Campus. Permit parking is to enable residents who live in these areas to have a place to park during the business hours of 8:00AM to 6:00PM around the Hospital. Permit Parking Map
PARKING PERMITS ARE FREE TO RESIDENTS, and may be obtained at the Police Department by bringing in your Vehicle Registration or pink slip (for new cars) and proof of residency.
Borough Crew Members post the streets for street cleaning, snow removal, as well as for other maintenance reasons. Signs are posted on posts, trees and stakes the day before the scheduled maintenance work. Vehicles must be removed during the specific times, or tickets will be issued. Signs will be removed when the work is complete.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR STREET DAILY FOR SIGN POSTINGS!
Temporary No Parking Signs
Temporary No Parking Zones are established to restrict regular parking and reserve curb space for purposes such as construction activity, moving vans, or to clear a street for a special event such as a parade. The restricted area is not intended to be used for parking of personal vehicles.
- Signs must be purchased at least two days in advance
- Signs must be posted a minimum of 24-hours in advance
- Handicapped parking, no parking zones, and loading zones may not be reserved
Please note, storage pods or dumpsters placed on public streets require a permit. This application should be completed and forwarded to the West Reading Code Enforcement Department.
Temporary No Parking Sign Fees:
|$1.00 Each||Valid 1-3 Days|
|$3.00 Each||Valid 4-7 Days|
|$5.00 Each||Valid 8-14 Days|
Temporary No Parking Sign Application and Posting Guideline
Should a vehicle be parked within the reserved space, please call us at (610) 373-0111 and we will assist in having the vehicle moved or ticket that vehicle.
Snow Emergency Routes
Streets that are considered vital to maintain emergency traffic to and from the borough are designated as “Snow Emergency Routes”.
Residents who live along these streets should be aware of this and, during snowstorms, stay tuned to local radio stations for instructions. During a “snow emergency” all vehicles parked along the snow emergency routes must be moved until the “snow emergency” is lifted. Any vehicles left parked on a snow emergency route will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
Residents are reminded to listen to local radio stations (WEEU, Y-102, WRAW, WIOV), tune into the local TV station (Channel 69), or check this website.
The following is a list of Snow Emergency Routes in the Borough of West Reading:
- Buttonwood Street/ Entire Length
- Fifth Avenue / Traffic Circle to Museum Road
- Museum Road / Entire Length
- N. Fourth Avenue / Entire Length
- Parkside Drive N / Entire Length
- Parkview Road / Entire Length
- Penn Avenue / Entire Length
- Pine Street / S 3rd Avenue to S 5th Avenue
- Reading Avenue / Traffic Circle to 8th
- Reading Avenue / Traffic Circle to N 4th Avenue
- Seventh Avenue / Penn Avenue to Parkside Drive North
- Third Avenue / Penn Avenue to Sunset Road